Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) specifies the NDA eligibility criteria in the official NDA notice. It takes into account aspects such as nationality, age restriction, educational qualifications, and physical and medical conditions. The NDA exam is open to candidates from 16 to 19 years old. Candidates who have passed or are about to take the class 12th exam are eligible to fill in the NDA application form.
Let’s discuss each of the eligibility criteria from educational qualification and age limit to physical & medical requirements.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022
The age restriction, educational qualification, and marital status requirements for female candidates are the same as for male candidates, according to the NDA 2022 notice. Both are described in detail below.
To be eligible for the NDA application, all candidates, including females, must meet the NDA eligibility criteria in terms of nationality. The candidate must be one of the following:
- Indian Citizen.
- A Nepalese or Bhutanese subject
- a Tibetan refugee who entered India prior to January 1, 1962, with the intention of remaining there permanently.
- A Person of Indian origin, who has migrated from other specific countries to India with the intention of permanently settling in India.
To know detailed information about the NDA age limit, go through the following table.
|Age Limit||Age (years)|
|Minimum Age for application||Born no later than January 1, 2007/ 16 years at the start of the course|
|Maximum Age for application||Born no earlier than January 2, 2004/ 19 years at the start of the course|
- IIt should be noted that only applicants born between January 2, 2004, and January 1, 2007 (both dates inclusive) are eligible to take the NDA 2 Exam 2022.
- Married candidates are not eligible to take the NDA Exam.
- The date of birth on the application must match the date of birth on the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
Academic qualifications differ slightly depending on the position for which the candidate has applied. The educational qualification requirements for various positions are detailed below.
|Posts||Required Educational Criteria|
|Army Wing||Pass certificate in 10+2 exam from a recognized board or University.|
|Air Force and Naval Wings||Candidates must have a 10+2 or equivalent from a state education board or university, with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.|
|Indian Naval Academy 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme||Candidates must have a 10+2 or equivalent from a state education board or university, with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.|
Physical Fitness and Medical Standards
Certain standards concerning physical fitness or characteristics must be met by the candidate when submitting the NDA Application forms.
Undesirable Health Issues
The candidate must not be suffering from any of the following minor conditions at the time of the NDA medical exam, as this would disqualify the candidate:
- Wax in Ears
- Nasal septum deviation
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Overweight or Underweight
- Undersized Chest
- Tonsil inflammation
Height and Weight Requirements
Candidates must adhere to the guidelines established by the recruitment body. Individuals can understand the guidelines by using the following points and table:
- The Body Mass Index (BMI) should be less than 25.
- Males should have a waist-to-hip ratio of less than 0.9 and girls should have a waist-to-hip ratio of less than 0.8.
- Males and females should both have waist circumferences that are less than 90 cm and 80 cm, respectively.
- It is expected that all biochemical and metabolic indices are normal.
Details regarding Height and weight with respect to age will be provided to candidates in official notification and updates, which they should regularly.